***NEW *** we will be running another Radical Jumper competition on June 16th, 2013!
Class list & order of go (tentative - contact organizer for official class list and entry form)
1) Cross rails - Judged on equitation and optimum time
2) Pre-Novice - (Max height 2'0") - Judged on equitation and optimum time
3) Novice 2'3" (Max height 2'3") - Optimum time cross country course
4) Pre-Entry - (Max height 2'6") - Optimum time cross country course
5) Entry - (Max height 2'9") - Optimum time cross country course
6) Pre-Training - (Max height 3'0") - Optimum time cross country course
7) Training (Max height 3'3") - Optimum time cross country course
Riders may enter the Radical Jumper classes more than once - but only the first round will be used for the results
The purpose of the cross country equitation is to encourage riders to ride the courses safely and properly. Riders will be evaluated on the following: balance and pace to the jumps, accuracy at the fence & position over the fence, position and balance on landing, riders will also be evaluated for their position between fences. We are looking for a round where riders are properly setting up for the jump, achieving a balanced and correct jump, landing in balance with the horse, and allowing the horse to move freely between the jumps that a far apart.
Courses are designed to be appropriate for the level. Our goal is to provide inviting courses to give both the horse and rider confidence while posing the same types of challenges that would be faced on a cross country course at an event.
At the Novice, Pre-Entry and Entry levels, the jumps are basic questions with inviting designs, and courses will include no combinations. The Pre-training and Training levels will be more challenging and will make use of our water complex, bank complex, and ditch jump. The courses are meant as an opportunity to ride the types of obstacles that would be presented at the equivalent level in an event.
Riders and horses should be wearing cross country attire.
For more information, contact Stephanie Calvert at email@example.com or 613-256-8170.